I finally got a chance to photograph all the pieces I recently made.
I’m gonna have to select & then edit the pictures (to make sure the colors seen in the pics are as similar to the real items as possible).
Here are some more previews of the things I plan to list on my Etsy shop. Sorry for cropping them & making them extra blurry. That way, when the official color-corrected pictures are up, you’ll like the final results more :D
Simple but dramatic chainmaille bracelets. I’ve been wearing them the moment I finished making them.
And this is my very first proper hatinator / cocktail hat
With hat frame & hat elastic that don’t show up when you wear it.
And these are Art Nouveau inspired hair clips. They are made out of silk shantung.
It might be a while before I can list them on my Etsy shop. After all, there are a few more custom orders I need to fill & brand new pieces (for two upcoming photo shoots) I need to create. And so, there are many samples of my new designs (which I call first-pieces) I need to create by the end of this week.
It usually takes me twice (and some times three times) longer to create first-pieces. Sometimes, things that look good on my sketch pad don’t look as good in real life. And so, I will need to re-size, replace, add, or reduce some parts of those first-pieces. At the same time, I also need to figure out the best way to construct each piece to make sure that they will are easy to wear, durable, & drape the way I want. It’s gonna be another hectic & sleepless week~
Anyway, have a great week, you guys! I’ll try to post some more new things this Wednesday.
In the meantime, you guys can check some other sneak peeks of several other pieces that I recently made on Angelica Brigade’s Facebook page & Tumblr. I don’t upload the same pictures on each site anymore~ So, if you want to see them, you’ll probably want to check each site.
– joyce of AngelicaBrigade
It’s tiny: Only 130 square feet (12 square meter) in size & located a few footsteps away from my living room.
To make the most of it, I asked a local carpenter to create ceiling-high cabinets (in glossy white) so I can make this home office to look clean & organized.
I keep the decor to a minimum:
At the end of each day, I put everything inside of the cabinets to keep them clean & dust-free.
Everything has its own space. It makes it easier for me to find things.
According to the American Demographics Society, Americans waste 9 million hours a day looking for misplaced items.
To me, time is a luxury. And once we waste it, we can never recover it.
I also like to start each of my workday afresh. Plus, it’s easier for me to clean the table when there’s absolutely nothing on top of it.
This is how I make sure that each of my in-stock items are completely dust-free & stay pristine.
I always keep Fire Mountain Gem‘s catalog nearby. It’s an amazing & comprehensive resource I need whenever I am designing a new piece of jewelry.
So, this concludes today’s short tour of Angelica Brigade’s Studio. Thanks for stopping by~
It took me a while to make sure that this headpiece to look good when seen from & worn at many different angles
My method? I constructed the piece on top of a canvas head.
Here’s a high resolution closeup of the headpiece
Update 04/17/2016: I no longer sell my pieces via Etsy
This is actually a set of three silk floral clips:
I decided not to bond them onto one single hat frame because:
1. If I bond them onto a hat frame, the floral headpiece will look really stiff. I want the flowers to drape softly on top of the wearer’s hair. If I insist on I bonding all the three pieces on top of one single base or hat frame, I will need to mold and custom fit the hat frame to match the wearer’s head. If the wearer wants to wear this with her hair up, the hat base will need to be modified. And if the wearer changes her mind and wants to wear this with her hair down, she won’t be able to do it because there will be a big gaping space between the flowers and her hair.
2. I want the wearer to feel comfortable wearing the headpiece. I want her to be able to roam free, dance, even perhaps jump and run around if she wants to. She won’t feel very comfortable if she feels that her hair fascinator/headpiece is tugging on her hair … she can’t have a great time if she fears that her headpiece is going to slide off of her hair. Elastic band can loose its elasticity or even break. And personally, I don’t really like to wear Alice Band / headband either because it gives me a headache. Plus, it tends to slide off of my head. So —> I decided to device this multiple-clips system . It distribute the weight of the headpiece to different parts of the hair. And since these pieces are so featherweight, you won’t really feel like you are wearing them.
For more details about this piece, please visit this link >>> https://www.etsy.com/listing/103962253/
If you have any question, please feel free to contact me at angelicabrigade [ a t ] g m a i l . c o m
Or you can send me a Facebook message. My Facebook page’s address is http://www.facebook.com/AngelicaBrigade
But if you have a quick question and want a rapid answer, you can contact me via Twitter ( http://www.twitter.com/#!/AngelicaBrigade )
Style name: Emme. Original design by joyz*k from Angelica Brigade.
– The base’s diameter: Approx. 5″ (12.75 cm)
– Overall height: Approx. 2.5″ (6.5 cm)
– The roses’ diameter: Approx. 2″ (5 cm)
– The flower’s height: Approx. 1.5″ (3.75 cm) tall.
– The braided embellishment’s longest point: Approx. 1.5″ (4 cm) away from the flower.
– The Swarovski Nautilus Fancy Stone: 1 1/8″ x 1″ (3 cm x 2.6 cm)
Materials: Italian silk organza, Swarovski Nautilus Fancy Stone (4196) in Light Colorado Topaz color, die-cut felt base, and alligator clip.
Silk organza fluffy rose with carefully browned edges. The numerous layers of sheer fabric creates a beautiful light & shadow effect.
Layer upon layer of folded Italian silk organza with carefully burned edges, 3 silk roses, , all made using one same fabric.
Lightweight & drapes over the wearer’s hair, following the contour of the wearer’s head.
Discontinued. But can be made upon request.
up next, the new accessories that feature my polymer clay art
I will upload pictures of more bouquets & different sort of accessories soon
Alternate versions of the pictures you can see in my Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Angelica-Brigade/205402069513750)
1. Lela … My stencilled/airbrushed silk headdress … 7″.
As usual, I made each style, including this one, it in several different colors. I will upload their pictures tomorrow.
2. Lyria … Headband/headdress
3. Ondine … a variant of my Seafoam headdress/fascinator
5. Starla … my star-shaped-base fascinator/hair accessory
6. Vespera … a variant of the Starla (w/ star-shaped base … with added ribbon at the base)
I also made a self-tie headband version of this shape called Luceella. I’ll upload her picture … along with several new stuffs I made … tomorrow
(As usual … I take all the pictures myself, using my iPhone’s built-in camera without any special app or software or filter. None of them is re-touched).