Update 04/17/2016: I no longer sell my pieces via Etsy
This is actually a set of three silk floral clips:
I decided not to bond them onto one single hat frame because:
1. If I bond them onto a hat frame, the floral headpiece will look really stiff. I want the flowers to drape softly on top of the wearer’s hair. If I insist on I bonding all the three pieces on top of one single base or hat frame, I will need to mold and custom fit the hat frame to match the wearer’s head. If the wearer wants to wear this with her hair up, the hat base will need to be modified. And if the wearer changes her mind and wants to wear this with her hair down, she won’t be able to do it because there will be a big gaping space between the flowers and her hair.
2. I want the wearer to feel comfortable wearing the headpiece. I want her to be able to roam free, dance, even perhaps jump and run around if she wants to. She won’t feel very comfortable if she feels that her hair fascinator/headpiece is tugging on her hair … she can’t have a great time if she fears that her headpiece is going to slide off of her hair. Elastic band can loose its elasticity or even break. And personally, I don’t really like to wear Alice Band / headband either because it gives me a headache. Plus, it tends to slide off of my head. So —> I decided to device this multiple-clips system . It distribute the weight of the headpiece to different parts of the hair. And since these pieces are so featherweight, you won’t really feel like you are wearing them.
For more details about this piece, please visit this link >>> https://www.etsy.com/listing/103962253/
If you have any question, please feel free to contact me at angelicabrigade [ a t ] g m a i l . c o m
Or you can send me a Facebook message. My Facebook page’s address is http://www.facebook.com/AngelicaBrigade
But if you have a quick question and want a rapid answer, you can contact me via Twitter ( http://www.twitter.com/#!/AngelicaBrigade )
Style name: Emme. Original design by joyz*k from Angelica Brigade.
– The base’s diameter: Approx. 5″ (12.75 cm)
– Overall height: Approx. 2.5″ (6.5 cm)
– The roses’ diameter: Approx. 2″ (5 cm)
– The flower’s height: Approx. 1.5″ (3.75 cm) tall.
– The braided embellishment’s longest point: Approx. 1.5″ (4 cm) away from the flower.
– The Swarovski Nautilus Fancy Stone: 1 1/8″ x 1″ (3 cm x 2.6 cm)
Materials: Italian silk organza, Swarovski Nautilus Fancy Stone (4196) in Light Colorado Topaz color, die-cut felt base, and alligator clip.