Most people – even the most successful people in the world – are unhappy about at least one aspect of themselves &/or their lives.
But, there’s no reason for anyone to stay feel that way for the rest of their lives.
Instead of turning green with envy, wallowing in self pity, or becoming nasty and embittered, we should focus on finding some ways – that will work for us – to get what we want / achieve our goals / becoming a better version of ourselves.
Unhappy about your weight? Find the most effective way for you to shed those extra pounds.
Want to be your own boss? Find the most effective way for you to make it happen.
You wish you are better at something? Find the most effective way for you to accomplish that goal.
Sounds so simple?
Unfortunately, it’s not as simple as it sounds.
First of all, we need to get rid of our self-limiting beliefs
If – from the very beginning – you think that you’ll never achieve your goals, you never will.
But, are you completely sure that – with thorough planning, and if you give it your best shot – 2 years from now, you aren’t going to achieve your goal?
Worried that you won’t be able to persevere or stick to your resolves?
I mentioned in my previous blog post, as long as we know (& obtain) the thing(s) that can fuel us, you are going to have enough resilience & patience to get you through rough patches.
The methods other people find effective might not work so well for you.
Here are some of the possible reasons:
- Different starting point (e.g. different skill levels, different amount of available resources, etc)
- Different amount of free time &/or energy we can dedicate achieve our goals
- Different learning styles
- Having different obstacles/problems/bad habits to overcome
- Etc, etc.
So, what can we do about it?
- Don’t think outside of the box. Get rid of the box.
- Commonly held beliefs can be wrong. Remember, many people used to believe that the earth was flat.
- Find and attain the things that can get you through rough patches.
- Improvise. Be willing to experiment. Try new methods and go though numerous trials-and-errors
- Expect difficulties & failures. The first few attempts are always the hardest.
Next Saturday: Making the best of Out Skills & Maximizing Our Happiness
Have a great weekend :)
P.S. I still make handmade demi-couture jewelry and accessories. Too see my current work in progress, please visit my Tumblr Photo Blog.