Good or Gross?
I’m going to be working with fabric dyes, acrylic paints, & fixatives for a few weeks.
I know I’m going to be too busy to fix my nails on a daily basis.
I’m sure the dyes are going to stain my nails & the fixatives are going to texturize them.
I don’t want to look unkempt. So, I thought, may be I can camouflage them somehow. So, here’s my solution:
Abstract Painting Inspired Nail Art
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
The products I use:
(Left to right, starting from the top row)
- Nailtiques Formula 2 (as base coat and top coat)
- Zoya Professional Lacquer in Pinta (eggplant purple)
- O.P.I. Nail Lacquer in Suzi Takes the Wheel (elephant gray)
- Nails Inc. Nail Polish in Holland Park (bright magenta)
- Zoya Professional Lacquer in Posh/Mat (matte deep red)
- Illamasqua Nail Varnish in Rare (neon yellow)
- Nails Inc. Holographic Glitter Top Coat in Electric Lane (extreme glitter)
How I did it:
- As usual, I started by using Nailtiques nail protein as a base coat
- Then, I put one layer of Zoya nail polish in Pinta (eggplant purple)
- Then, I put one [thin] daub of O.P.I nail polish in Suzi Takes the Wheel (elephant gray)
- After that, I put one or two thin daubs of neon yellow nail polish, followed by red and bright magenta
- Then, I put daubs of Nails Inc. Holographic Glitter Top Coat as “highlights”
- Finally, I finished the nail art with 2 layers of Nailtiques nail protein to make it long lasting and extra glossy.
And, of course, I waited for each layer to dry before I put another one.